The Academic and 职业建议 Center is located on the second floor of the 丹尼尔N. Ripich共用. We are staffed by professional academic advisors and advise all first- and second-year students. We also have an advisor that works with all students interested in applying to graduate schools in the 健康的职业.
To empower UNE’s undergraduate students to be active and engaged learners who are involved in all aspects of the university.
We are committed to providing a trusting relationship by helping you find academic success and a passion for learning. To help foster this success we believe that every undergraduate student should
- Take ownership of your educational experiences and progress
- Value the importance of building relationships and partnerships with people who can aide in your academic and career success
- Make informed and independent decisions
- Achieve balance in everyday life
- Understand the purpose and goals of your college career and to integrate strategies for success that will be useful in life after college.
- Develop an academic plan based on your academic ability, personal interests, and expressed goals.
- Motivate you to make connections with faculty mentors, 访问校园资源, and participate in curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Engage in your academic career and guide you to become active participants in your learning.
- Develop an educational plan for successfully achieving your goals while progressing towards graduation
- 识别和利用U-在线, Capp, and the Navigate app to evaluate your progress towards graduation
- Learn and abide by UNE’s academic policies and procedures as described in the college catalog and assume full responsibility for your academic progression
- Know where and how to access appropriate support services to accommodate your needs
- Critically reflect upon your academic and career goals
- Appreciate and engage in co-curricular opportunities
- Articulate academic policies and procedure, major and core/common curriculum, 以及毕业要求
- Monitor and reassess your academic progress on a semester-to-semester basis
- Help identify and correct academic problems to support your overall success
- Guide you to campus resources for problems that are beyond the realm of academic advising intervention
- Maintain regular, accessible office hours for advisement and respond in a timely way
- Assist you in building meaningful relationships with faculty
- Maintain confidentiality pursuant to FERPA
When You Should See Your Advisor
- Every semester prior to your registration date
- To find out more about a particular major or minor
- To discuss any problems that might affect your academic performance
- 讨论退课, and the possible impact from your decision (financial aid, 全职状态, 等.)
- To discuss graduate and professional options and receive appropriate referrals
- To monitor progress toward graduation